Our 'Outreach & Diversity Officer' works with an extensive network of partners, to provide support and workshops designed to raise awareness of theatre pathways and support the aspirations of people to perform; design for the stage where they can specialise in lighting, sound, set or costume; craft exceptional scenery and costumes; or be responsible for the organisation and management of a production.
The College also has a strong commitment to Widening Participation and promoting Diversity within the institution which is outlined in our Access Agreement that is agreed with the government. Therefore the Outreach office seeks to work with young people from low socio-economic groups, living in low-participation neighbourhoods, first generation in their family to attend HE, from a BME background, attended a state school, are looked after or in care, or disabled.
The College also seeks to support all forms of Art Education and provides a range of activities for young people to get involved.
Recent community and outreach activities include:
- Easter workshops with Bexley Libraries
- Set building for Bromley Players, Lend Me A Tenor at The Bob Hope Theatre
- Sidcup Words and Music presents Quentin Blake with Hoy Trinity Church, Bruford Youth Theatre and Chislehurst & Sidcup Grammar School
- Stratford Summer School
- Thamesmead Arts Festival
Schools and Colleges we have recently worked with:
- City & Islington College
- Hillview School for Girls
- Blackpool & the Fylde College