Monday 22 July to Friday 2 August 2019
Applications are welcome from those aged 18+. Candidates will actively enjoy all aspects of practical drama work, be motivated, and enthusiastically embrace intensive rehearsal of world class writings.
This course is an exciting opportunity to experience intensive Acting training. You will enjoy the outstanding facilities and reputation of Rose Bruford College. It provides excellent preparation for students intending to apply to UK drama schools, further education colleges or universities, or wishing to build on prior experience. It is equally suited to those with some acting experience wishing to improve or extend their skills, and to those with limited experience who want to explore the work of an actor.
This intensive, two-week introductory programme develops your natural acting skills with classes in movement, voice and general acting as well as concentrating on audition technique, musical theatre and devising within an ensemble. Focusing on two plays – one classical and one contemporary – each week culminates in a performance in front of an invited audience.
• Designed to introduce you to the craft of acting in a conservatoire environment
• Confidence building for those with little previous experience
• Study a breadth of different techniques with industry professionals and guest teachers
• Set in the landscaped grounds of a stately home. The leafy atmosphere of the college inspires the imagination and enhances creativity.
• Central London and the west end is only 25 minutes away!
• Newly built student accommodation available 10 minutes away from the college campus.
This course is delivered over two weeks of intensive full-time training (65+ hours) at our Sidcup campus.
How to Apply
Please click on the 'Book Now' link below to pay via our online store. If you have any questions about the course, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
£900 (if paid in full before 30 April 2019)
£1,000 (2 x £500 instalments)
1st instalment paid by 1 February 2019
2nd instalment paid by 30 April 2019
We encourage payment in full in advance. Places can be reserved by payment of a deposit of £100. To take advantage of early bird rates, payment must be made in full before 30 April 2019, and in all cases the full balance must be paid before 1 June 2019. If you would like to take advantage of this option, please proceed to ‘Book now’ and when you reach the payment options, please enter £100 as the amount you are paying.
Accommodation (if required)
£600 (14 night reservation)
Rose Bruford College Alumni Discounts
Alumni of Rose Bruford College undergraduate and postgraduate courses are entitled to a 5% discount on the full fee. Please contact us for further information
You will receive an introduction to conservatoire level performance training that will cover:
Your voice is an important tool as an actor and its care and development is a life-long pursuit. You will investigate elements of the vocal progression characteristic of conservatoire and drama school voice training.
The focus of the movement work is on self-awareness, physical freedom and an understanding of the body as the physical instrument of the actor.
Acting classes will initially introduce basic principles through practical exercises that ask students initially to engage imaginatively and responsively without reference to a text.
You will be taught and directed by leading industry professionals and permanent members of Rose Bruford College’s faculty.
Terms and Conditions
- The College reserves the right to amend, withdraw or cancel any course. If the College cancels a course you have booked onto your fee will be fully refunded;
- All courses are subject to minimum numbers of students and will be confirmed once this number is reached;
- The College reserves the right to refuse admission on to any of our programmes;
- It is strongly recommended that all students insure themselves to cover the loss of fees or travel costs in the event of cancelation, illness or travel problems, for which the College cannot accept any liability;
- Fees are non-returnable once a student has started the course;
- All fees must be paid in full by 1st June 2019;
- Full fees will be refunded for cancellations within two weeks of booking;
- After two weeks from the boking date, in the event of a cancellation a sum of £100 will be retained to cover administration costs;
- After 1st June 2019 a cancellation will result in the forfeiture of the entire fee paid.