The Rose Bruford College summer programme of short courses and professional masterclasses provide an intensive summer of learning whatever your level of experience. All courses are taught in the specialist facilities of our green campus in Sidcup, South East London (take a campus virtual tour below).
Early Bird booking until 31 March 2018.
Accommodation is available for all on-campus courses.
Some of the very best teachers from the USA are coming to Rose Bruford College to lead a series of expert masterclasses this summer. These courses are ideal for those with more experience and focus on a number of cutting-edge techniques to take your practice to the next level.
- Emotion & Imagination in Performance: Rasaboxes & Chekhov
- The Monologue Audition: A Complete Approach
- The Six Viewpoints and Performance (with Mary Overlie)
- The Art of Transformation; Creating a Character with Chekhov Technique
- The Emotional Body: Alba Emoting for Performing Artists
- Shakespeare’s Language: Where Shape is Half the Meaning
These courses are ideal for those who have not had any previous formal training, are looking to go to drama school, need training for an upcoming production or employment, or to reignite a passion. These courses are an excellent introduction to each art whether on- or off-stage and are taught by some of the College’s regular teaching staff.
- Acting Summer School
- Actor Musicianship Summer School
- Stage Management Summer School
- Lighting Design Summer School
Summer Schools in Brighton and Folkestone
These introductory-level courses are delivered off-campus and are available for those aged 17+. These courses give you a chance to work with experienced Rose Bruford College tutors on a range of disciplines ready for application to drama school. The focus of the courses will be on helping you get the best from your drama school audition or interview.
- Introduction to Actor Training (Brighton and Folkestone)
- Introduction to Lighting Design (Brighton)
- Introduction to Stage Management (Brighton)
Take a virtual tour of our campus
Terms and Conditions
- The minimum age for all courses is 18 (17 for off-campus courses)
- Some courses have a minimum level of English, and other experiential requirements – you will be asked for details of your experience as part of the booking process
- Your details will be passed to course tutors who may contact you to clarify information or provide you with further details prior to the course starting
- Please be aware that these courses are an intensive learning experience and may be physically and / or mentally demanding
- Classes generally take place between 9:30am and 6:30pm from Monday to Friday; some sessions each week may end later than this and some classes may run at the weekend
- Accommodation is available from Sunday to Sunday unless otherwise stated
- Classes are not optional; students are expected to treat these as professional rehearsal calls. Punctuality is essential
- Fees do not include travel to the UK or onward transfer to the College
- The College reserves the right to amend, withdraw or cancel any course. If the College cancels a course you have booked onto your fee will be fully refunded
- All courses are subject to minimum numbers of students and will be confirmed once this number is reached
- The College reserves the right to refuse admission on to any of our programmes
- It is strongly recommended that all students insure themselves to cover the loss of fees or travel costs in the event of cancelation, illness or travel problems, for which the College cannot accept any liability
- Fees are non-returnable once a student has started the course
- All fees must be paid in full by 1st June 2018
- Places can be reserved by paying a deposit of £100; In the event of a cancellation a sum of £100 will be retained to cover administration costs; After 1st June 2018 a cancellation will result in the forfeiture of the entire fee paid