Rose Bruford College, London, England
17th to 21st July 2017
Join us at Rose Bruford College for a week-long symposium examining European and British stage management practices. This week will provide a place share and learn new skills and increase your understanding of the craft of stage managing.
With a number of sessions delivered by UK based professionals and Rose Bruford College faculty we will explore a number of themes.
Our programme will include:
- The art and function of stage management in the UK and Europe; universality within production practice
- The language of stage management; distributed cognition, semiotics and phenomenology
- An introduction to stage lighting and the creative use of light - led by Rose Bruford College’s programme director for lighting design, Hansjorg Schmidt, you will spend some time in our lighting labs exploring your creativity
- International touring – Rose Bruford College alumni and international tour managers will provide insight into how to take your own shows and productions abroad, including to the UK
- The stage manager as manager; relations and relationships
- The art of cueing; comparative practice and notation
The week will also feature round table discussions and debates, exclusive backstage visits and tours of iconic London shows and venues, and tickets to a theatre production.
Fee: £575 / €683 (early bird booking, before 1st April 2017 £500 / €594)
Euro prices correct at 9 December 2016
- Accommodation in our student housing (single occupancy, ensuite room with shared kitchen and wifi access)
- Hot / cold lunch on campus
- Welcome reception
- Theatre and backstage visits
- Theatre ticket
- All teaching and symposium fees
Please contact Andrew Scanlan with any enquiries - firstname.lastname@example.org / +44 (0) 208 308 2605
Enjoy a virtual tour of our campus and grounds