15 to 19 July 2019
£525* early bird rate before 1 April 2019.
£600 (after 1 April 2019)
Following the success of the first European Stage Management Symposium at Rose Bruford College in 2017, join us again for a week of learning examining European and British stage management practices. This week will provide a place to network and meet old and new friends and colleagues from around Europe as well as share and learn new skills and increase your understanding of the craft of stage managing.
With both beginner and advanced sessions delivered by UK based professionals and Rose Bruford College faculty we will explore a number of themes. Our programme will include:
- The art and function of stage management in the UK and Europe; universality within production practice;
- The language of stage management; distributed cognition, semiotics and phenomenology;
- An introduction to sound, sound design and operations for theatre;
- Training your colleagues – passing on your skills and mentoring new team members;
- The stage manager as manager; relations and relationships;
- In the rehearsal room – working with directors, creative teams and performers;
- Stage management away from the stage – promenade performance, immersive theatre and other events.
The week will also feature round table discussions and debates, exclusive backstage visits and tours of iconic London shows and venues, and tickets to a theatre production.
(All programme to be confirmed)
We encourage payment in full in advance. Places can be reserved by payment of a deposit of £100. To take advantage of early bird rates, payment must be made in full before April 1 2019, and in all cases the full balance must be paid before June 1 2019. If you would like to take advantage of this option, please proceed to ‘Book now’ and when you reach the payment options, please enter £100 as the amount you are paying.
For enquiries please contact Rachel Candler
- Accommodation in our student housing (single occupancy, ensuite room with shared kitchen and wifi access)
- Hot / cold lunch on campus
- Welcome reception
- Theatre and backstage visits
- Theatre ticket
- All teaching and symposium fees