Grade II listed Lamorbey House and grounds will be open to the public as part of the Open House London event on Saturday 22 September 2018.
Grade II listed Lamorbey House was built in 1745 under the ownership of William Steele, a director of the East India Company, although there has been a dwelling on the estate dating back to the 16th Century.
John Shaw redesigned the house in 1837, under the ownership of Neil Malcolm, to include a fashionable Jacobean façade influenced in design by nearby Charlton House.
Following several ownerships, including a private hotel from 1910-1946, Lamorbey House was acquired by Kent Education Services in 1946 and became an adult education centre.
In 1950 Rose Bruford started running her School of Speech and Drama from the house. Over the next 65 years, the College expanded and the campus now includes two theatres, rehearsal rooms and technical studios catering for over 650 students.
Saturday 22 September
10am – 3pm
Guided tours of Lamorbey House will take place at the following times:
11am, 12 noon and 1pm
There is no need to book, however tour places will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.