Rose Bruford College is delighted to announce that internationally renowned practitioner Gennady Bogdanov will be running a summer masterclass on a rare trip to the UK.
The five-day intensive Meyerhold’s Biomechanics course in July 2020 will give students a unique opportunity to study theatrical biomechanics with the world’s leading exponent of the discipline.
Bogdanov joins a host of renowned educators from across the globe to run masterclasses throughout the summer. Following his visit in 2019 to teach Six Viewpoints with Mary Overlie, Wendell Beavers returns to London to run a Somatic Performer Masterclass with Erika Berland. Other masterclass tutors include; Irina Brown (Directing), Lucia Walker and Niamh Dowling (Moving Into Performance), Lisa Dalton and Janice Orlandi (Michael Chekhov:Character and Period Style).
Alongside the masterclasses, the College is also running its popular summer courses in Acting, Actor Musicianship, Lighting Design and Stage Management for prospective students interested in studying one of the many degree programmes in acting, performance and production arts.
Set in a beautiful parkland campus summer students will be able to make full use of the grounds. The College also has its own accommodation close to the campus, which is 25 minutes from London’s West End by train.
Niamh Dowling, Head of Rose Bruford College’s School of Performance, said:
“We are looking forward to welcoming Gennady and all our teachers and participants from across the world this summer to create a vibrant community of performers and practitioners.”
Rose Bruford College summer masterclasses and courses start from 6 July 2020 and range from one to two weeks. Visit our Summer Masterclasses page for full details and to book.
Early bird booking is available until 13 April 2020.
2020 Masterclass Courses
- Meyerhold’s Biomechanics Masterclass with Gennady Bogdanov
- Michael Chekhov: Character & Period Style
- Moving into Performance: Cultivating Presence for Performance and Teaching
- The Somatic Performer: Developmental Technique™ and Experiential Anatomy
- Unlocking the Director’s Imagination with Irina Brown
2020 Summer Courses
- Acting Summer School with Tony James
- Actor Musicianship Summer School with Jeremy Harrison
- Lighting Design Summer School with Ben Ratcliffe
- Stage Management Summer School with Mark Shayle
Take a Virtual Tour of the Campus