Monday 5th August to Friday 9th August 2019 (5 days)
Applications are welcome from those aged 18+. Candidates should actively enjoy all aspects of practical performance work, be motivated and enthusiastic. The course is open to people from a range of acting and musical backgrounds with or without formal music qualifications. Applicants will be expected to play at least one musical instruments to a reasonable standard.
Actor musicianship has become a permanent feature of the theatre landscape both in the UK and America. From commercial musicals such as Once or John Doyle’s Tony Award winning versions of Sweeney Todd and Company, to the work of companies like Kneehigh and Told By An Idiot, audiences and theatre makers alike have become fascinated by its visceral appeal.
Rose Bruford College has been at the forefront of this dynamic area of theatre practice since the early 1990s. Their ground-breaking under graduate course continues to be a world leader in the field, producing graduates such as Sam Palladio, star of US TV hit Nashville, and Olivier Award winners Rosalie Craig and Katie Brayben.
This week-long intensive is a chance to work with international experts in this area of theatre practice and experience the training developed on our innovative Actor Musicianship course.
This course is delivered over five days of intensive full-time training (30 hours +) at our Sidcup campus.
How to Apply
Please click on the 'Book Now' link below to pay via our online store. If you have any questions about the course, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
£550 (paid in full by 1 June 2019)
We encourage payment in full in advance. Places can be reserved by payment of a deposit of £100. To take advantage of early bird rates, payment must be made in full before 30 April 2019, and in all cases the full balance must be paid before June 1 2019. If you would like to take advantage of this option, please proceed to ‘Book now’ and when you reach the payment options, please enter £100 as the amount you are paying.
Accommodation (if required)
£300 (7 night reservation)
Rose Bruford College Alumni Discounts
Alumni of Rose Bruford College undergraduate and postgraduate courses are entitled to a 5% discount on the full fee. Please Contact us for further information
For the first time this year the College is offering a unique one-week intensive course that will introduce you to the techniques and methodologies used to develop and integrate the skills of the actor-musician.
Drawing on the training developed on our world-leading under graduate course, you will explore ways of combining music and acting in performance. Creating a sense of the singular performer, who can use music as a means of exploring acting and the actor’s imagination as a starting point for making music.
The course is designed and led by Jeremy Harrison, the Programme Director of our under graduate course and author of Actor-Musicianship, the first book to explore this unique area of theatre practice.
About Jeremy Harrison
Jeremy was one of the country’s leading actor musicians before going on to run the Actor Musicianship programme at Rose Bruford College. He trained at RADA before gaining a BA (Hons) from the Open University and a Masters in Theatre Practices from the University of Manchester. He has worked in theatre, film and television as a performer, Musical Director, composer and director both in the UK and internationally and was a core member of John Doyle’s award-winning ensemble of actor musicians from 1997 to 2001.
Jeremy has led workshops in actor-musicianship for actors and students all over the world and has published articles in a number of publications. He is the author of Actor-Musicianship, the first and only book on this unique area of theatre practice published by Bloomsbury/ Methuen Drama in 2016.
Terms and Conditions
- The College reserves the right to amend, withdraw or cancel any course. If the College cancels a course you have booked onto your fee will be fully refunded;
- All courses are subject to minimum numbers of students and will be confirmed once this number is reached;
- The College reserves the right to refuse admission on to any of our programmes;
- It is strongly recommended that all students insure themselves to cover the loss of fees or travel costs in the event of cancelation, illness or travel problems, for which the College cannot accept any liability;
- Fees are non-returnable once a student has started the course;
- All fees must be paid in full by 1st June 2019;
- Full fees will be refunded for cancellations within two weeks of booking;
- After two weeks from the boking date, in the event of a cancellation a sum of £100 will be retained to cover administration costs;
- After 1st June 2019 a cancellation will result in the forfeiture of the entire fee paid.