Rose Bruford College of Theatre and Performance is London’s International Drama School.  We welcome students from around the world for both BA and MA degree study in performance, design, management and technical arts and short-term courses, summer schools and foundation diplomas. We use theatre training to help build global communities and relationships. We have links throughout the world in Europe, The Americas and Asia.

We currently host students from over 25 different countries. We are training future graduates who will see the world stage as their future workplace. We are interested not only in welcoming international students and practitioners to our Sidcup campus and Central London locations but also working worldwide with partner institutions on student and staff exchanges, collaborative projects and wider research initiatives.

Look through our website for different study options.  You can use Google translator at the bottom left of any page to 'select language' for further translation.

Please click here for our international auditions and interviews schedule and to register.

We are happy to answer enquiries at

London Life

London is not only one of the world’s great international cities it is probably the best place in the world to see and experience theatre and drama on a grand and wide scale. From watching the plays of Shakespeare performed at the Royal Shakespeare Company or the Globe Theatre to seeing a range of classical and contemporary plays at the National Theatre to searching out edgy experimental drama and performance presented by companies dotted all around the capital, the advantage of being close to London is critical to the development of any emerging theatre artist. Our Sidcup campus is only 25 minutes from Trafalgar Square and the very heart of London

Find out more about London at the official tourism site

Student Visas

The process and conditions for attaining a student visa are subject to frequent changes. Please refer to the UK Governments students visa page for the most up to date and accurate information and use the information presented in this document as a guide.

Tier 4 Student Visa
Please visit the UK Governments Visa Check page to confirm whether you require a Tier 4 Student Visa to study in the UK.  You must apply for a student visa before the start of your course. Please apply online here for a visa and read the webpage carefully to see what documents you need to provide as part of the application process.

Short Term Student Visa
If you are on a course which lasts fewer than 6 months, and you are not a national of Switzerland or a country belonging to the European Economic Community, you will need what is called a ‘short term student visa’. Please note that you cannot legally work on this type of visa.

If you have any questions about visas, relating to your application to Rose Bruford College, please email us at and we will help you with your enquiry. 

English Language Requirements and How to Apply

Visit our International How to Apply page for information about English Language requirements including IELTS scores. 

International Partners

Please visit our Partner Institutions page for a list of our International Partners. 

Please view our International Guide for some useful information for international students.

BREXIT Updates