As a Rose Bruford College Student, you will...
- Train for a career as a professional performer, designer or technical theatre practitioner at a leading UK conservatoire dedicated to theatre and performance
- Choose from one of four specialised degree programs for performers: Acting, Actor Musicianship, European Theatre Arts (with a placement in Europe) and American Theatre Arts (with a placement in the USA)
- Or choose from a degree program dedicated to any of the creative design and technical theatre disciplines, each with professional placements: Costume Production, Creative Lighting Control, Lighting Design, Performance Sound, Scenic Arts (Construction, Props and Scene Painting); Stage Management; Theatre Design
- Choose short-term non-degree study certificate option from our six-month Acting Foundation course or our new three to six-month International Foundation Programme linked to English-language study for pre-degree and post-degree students
- Go on to do either MA Ensemble Theatre or MA Theatre for Young Audiences
- Graduate with a University of Manchester BA or MA degree
- Work in state-of-the-art technical and studio theatre facilities with tutoring from full-time and part-time visiting, professional theatre artists
- Be a part of a large number of practical, performance projects and events based both on our Sidcup campus and in London’s West End
- Leave with a wealth of skills, contacts and a passion for doing and making theatre of all kinds
Your Training & Degree Work
Our teaching and administrative staff – both full-time and visiting – are highly professional, reflecting the balance of expertise in professional practice and higher education you would expect at an institution like Rose Bruford College. Practitioners are drawn from professional theatre, film and television, design and technical theatre, the music industry and other complementary professions who teach, help you make and lead projects on all programmes. Our Registry, Finance and Student Support staff are all there to help students get the best from their education. Current students are given direct links to the creative industries throughout their training, and graduates enter into a Rose Bruford network of previous graduates after their finish university studies and establish themselves in careers. Vocational preparation, placements and entering the profession are key elements of all degrees and one of the main reasons to study at a conservatoire/university like Rose Bruford College of Theatre and Performance.
Tradition & Innovation
At the heart of all work at Rose Bruford College is a spirit of collaboration and innovation. We embrace the broadest range of performing arts and skills-based training and research, providing an educational experience that offers all students a wide range of transferable skills and the depth of knowledge required to be successful in a rapidly changing world. What binds all students together is their passionate determination to make their own innovative – sometimes radical – impact on the world of theatre and performance.
The Bruford advantage
Rose Bruford College is an exciting and vibrant place to study and students from all programmes collaborate closely together, replicating the processes of a professional theatre company to forge ensembles and to produce fully mounted productions. Good staff/student ratios and small class sizes (plus frequent one-on-one training tutorials) mean that students get to know their tutors and peers and benefit from regular support and guidance in academic and personal matters. This forms the basis of one the highest areas of student satisfaction.
For further details please contact our Admissions Office:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel: +44 (0)20 8308 2600.