Undergraduate tuition fees

Accepting an offer to study Higher Education represents a real investment in your future and we welcome all students from all backgrounds, regardless of financial status. We know the thought of student loans, funding and budgeting can seem a little overwhelming so we are here to support you.

Full-time UK students (including our full-time online programmes)

Undergraduates can apply for a student loan for your tuition fees and living costs if:

  • You are a UK (‘home’) student;
  • You have not already completed a course at the same level (for example another BA degree)

UK undergraduate students will also be able to take out a maintenance loan to support you in your studies. These loans are means-tested and will depend on whether you are living at home or independently.

Information about how much you can borrow, how to apply for loans and a student finance calculator are available on the government’s student finance website.

Full-time International students

We are committed to supporting you throughout your journey with us, and we don’t believe financial status should prevent you from studying.

If you are an international student, your fees for your course will be higher than for UK students – please check our course information carefully to find the correct fees for your course. If you are joining one of our Design Management and Technical Arts programmes, take a look at the information on the relevant Scholarships available to international students.

The fees you pay depend on your student status; if you think you qualify as a ‘home’ student, you will need to provide evidence to verify this before we can confirm your place. Our admissions team can help to explain more about this if you are unsure.

Home (UK) student

In order to be classed as a Home (UK) student you normally need to meet all of the following criteria on the first day of the first academic year of the course:

  • You are settled in the UK (this means there is no immigration restriction on the length of your stay).
  • You are ordinarily resident in the UK, and have been for the full three years before the first day of the academic year (ordinarily resident means that your main home is in the UK, and you are choosing to live in the UK).
  • The main reason for you being in the UK was not to receive full-time education.

International student

If you do not fall under the Home (UK) student definitions, you will be classed as an international student and will be required to pay international fees. You will also not be able to access UK government student loans.

US Federal Loans

If you are a US citizen and would like to apply for a US Federal Loans, please note that Rose Bruford College is a recognized institution and you are eligible to apply for a US Federal Loan to fund your studies with us. For further information on this, please contact the Financial Aid Officer, Francesca Shine [email protected].

Paying your fees

If you are paying the College directly you pay your fees in one payment or instalments, take a look at this webpage to find out the different ways you can pay your fees.