96 UCAS points*
* In exceptional circumstances the College may take a lower offer, based on prior experience or potential demonstrated at interview/audition.
The Actor Musicianship programme offers distinctive, practical, Drama UK accredited training for actors who have musical skills. It is taught by the same team as the Acting programme, and shares the same core disciplines and approaches to performance.
You will be guided by experienced staff, including industry professionals, who will help you to develop the skills of the actor musician though practical classes in movement, voice and approaches to text and character. You will also be developing your existing musical skills for use within a variety of performance contexts.
Perhaps most importantly, you will explore how these skills interconnect. Your actor’s imagination will be developed to help you create, lead and make music, whilst acting classes will explore the musicality of performance.
Graduates can be found in a wide range of work; at leading regional theatres, in the West End, RSC and National Theatre. In television, film, radio, children’s theatre, and in small scale touring theatre companies in the UK and Europe.
• Katie Brayben, Winner of 2015 Olivier Awards for Best Actress in a Musical for Beautiful
• Lila Clements (Midsummer Nights Dream, RSC)
• Rosalie Craig, Evening Standard Award Winner and Olivier Award nominee for The Light Princess, Threepenny Opera, National Theatre)
• Tarek Merchant (Midsummer Nights Dream, RSC)
• Sam Palladio, (Nashville,Strange Magic)
• Alex Tomkins (Midsummer Nights Dream, RSC)
• Jessica Warbeck (Women Beware Women)
- 30 Hours/week tuition
- Mode of Study: Full Time
How to Apply
Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for this Programme.
Throughout the year Rose Bruford College staff hold interviews and auditions in Asia, Canada, Europe and USA. Please click here for our latest schedule.
- UK/EU Students - Up to £9,250
- International Students - £17,270
You will also be required to pay a £55 audition fee for this programme. Please click here for information about our audition process.
We don’t charge an audition fee if you:
- Audition as part of a progression agreement/compact
- Are registered disabled
- Can offer other evidence of financial hardship
- Are being auditioned overseas
If you think you are eligible for the above fee waivers, our admissions team will be able to provide you with more details when you apply.
Please click here for information about Student Loans and Bursaries.
We are delighted that the Andrew Lloyd Webber Foundation has awarded Rose Bruford College with its third scholarship to support a student for all three years on this programme. Potential scholars will be invited to audition upon accepting a place on this programme.
Years 1 & 2: (Level 4 and 5)
- There are two semesters in each year, each including:
- A Skills Block: timetabled weekly classes in movement, voice, music making, composition,music directing and arrangement, acting, musicality, singing and study
- Performance Projects: full-time rehearsal processes culminating in performances that include music as a fully integrated element.
Please click here to view our Level 4 module specifications
Please click here to view our Level 5 module specifications
Year 3: (Level 6)
- Independent Research Project: research and develop your own area of interest
- Recorded Media: developing skills in TV, film, radio and voice-over
- Professional Preparation: mock auditions, industry lectures, Spotlight registration and CV / Portfolio guidance
- London Showcase: performance event for an invited audience of agents, casting directors and industry professionals
- Main House Production: a fully mounted public production with students from the Acting Programme
- London Season: a fully integrated actor musician production performed in a London venue
- The New Writing Season: a series of commissioned pieces for actor musicians.
Please click here to view our Level 6 module specifications
Please click on the links below to download: